Release notes exist since version 2-0 (2013).
This document shows only the most recent.
7-0 May 2019
- Update Google Map integration
Google Map does not supports anymore anonymous requests.
Queries need now a user API key.
So SVG image elements cannot refer directly to the google map query.
That was the basic principle of Google Map integration in DRAWSVG.
To solve this problem, the requested map is now encoded inside the image element.
See the showcase draw map
6-4 February 2018
- New Photo to drawing tool.
- Redesign of the home page and tools using w3.css styles.
- Moving tools into a separate entry point.
6-3 January 2018
- Remove videos in preview of the save panel.
- Highlight the multi-language text selector with the fill property.
- Fix filter path script.
6-1 October 2017
- Improvement of the text editor.
- The new version of the text editor includes sub-string selection, list formatting, styles, tabbing, alignment, and link insertion.
6-0 September 2017
- CSS styles management.
- Add the CSS styles tab to the element properties panel and the CSS class edit panel in the Document menu.
- Rich text, increasing the panel size and changing the style of the body element in transparent background color.
5-9 August 2017
- New layer functions for the integration API.
- Fixed the Chrome sizing bug of the foreignObject element for the "Chrome / 59.0.3071.115 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64)" agent.
- Improved animation of the accordion widget in the menu.
5-8 July 2017
- Technical Migration on GWT 2.8.1
- Rewrite media management to integrate the constraints of the Chrome foreignObject with a script that adjusts the media dimensions according to the browser (FireFox or Chrome). The SVG document produced with media supports and adapts to FireFox and Chrome browsers.
- Added YouTube media.
5-7 May 2017
- New showcase tool to demonstrate how to use Draw SVG
- Manage multilingual documents and texts
5-6 October 2016
- SVG load dialog box, fixed bug width and height values converted to 100%. Now retains a file's original width and height values.
5-5 August 2016
- Drawing tasks for rect, image, map, svg and video ensure minimum size.
- The selection of an element with an unsupported system language, display the element with a computed bounding box in place of SVG BBox.
5-4 June 2016
- New default document dimensions equals to default which are adjusted to the Draw SVG window.
- Changed the SVG dimensions dialog box to control the ratio window/viewBox dimensions with two buttons to adjust the dimensions of window and viewBox.
- New tool to browse children. This tools is enabled when the selected object has child elements.
- Floating tTool menu displays icons in two columns when the number of functions is more than 5.
- Emoji tool added to Shape menu.
- Shape digit drawing task, default stroke style defaults to non-scaling-stroke.
- Load SVG dialog box, computes viewBox when undefined with a minimized window.
5-3 May 2016
- Removed the vector-effect property (SVGsvg 1.2) from the default stroke style.
- Added selection of elements by rectangle, and select an anchor element's children.
- New option to oOpen SVG.
5-2 April 2016
- Added a file name text field to the Save dialog box.
5-1 March 2016
- The integration API added the getSVG function to get the current SVG document.
- Optimized menu resizing..
- Strengtheneding pathseg polyfill API (fixed a Chrome bug).
- Syntax lLabels changed to have first letter capitalized.
5-0 February 2016
- The integration API added the setDocumentMenu function and parameters (showSaveDialog, fullWindow) to loadStringSVG function.
4-9 January 2016
- Chrome release 48 support.
- New option of the document visual editing size.
4-8 December 2015
- Added support for Chrome release 48.
- Media menu added for drawing controls with three types (audio, video, rich text).
- Added textPath with vertical offset dy attribute.
- Added dx,dy fields in the Geometry tab.
- When loading URL, fixed a bug for cross origin security exception.
- Fixed bug for moving svg element.
- Improved the media controls supports on Webkit browsers.